Favorable business environment and a clear legal framework allow public transport to thrive and to be attractive to passengers, investors and employees of transport companies themselves.
Public transport contributes to global and local development of the society in terms of economic, environmental and social objectives. As the critics of modern consumption patterns in society, the public transport sector is moving to the forefront of the revolutionary transformations, which are increasingly needed in our cities. More than ever, public transport has become one of the most important sources of support for the local economy in its sustainable, environmentally friendly development, ensure its workforce.
The traditional approach to public transport, based on the operational component of the operation of transport enterprises and solution of important social problems, complemented by the emergence of a variety of innovative business models, which should help to attract entrepreneurs to raise capital and managerial talent.
To offer high-quality solutions for mobility in the various segments of the public transport sector needs to be clear and transparent regulatory framework. On its basis, all the services offered to the population, whether it be traditional services for passengers and a wider range of advanced services in the field of mobility of citizens should be implemented with constant monitoring of quality and equitable compensation to transport operators.
Call to Action
- To enable operators to develop their competence, implement innovative approaches and solutions.
- Change the corporate culture of management – management of technology solutions and operational tasks to the management of the company to move into the service sector, which should bt entirely focused on the end user. To do this:
– introduce new management models, processes and tools for high performance;
– develop the human resources of the enterprise, attracting talented young people to introduce innovative methods of management, motivation and loyalty of employees;
– use the integrated management model, strategic “road map” to ensure consistency of purpose and action, transparency and high motivation of the staff, the high efficiency of its work.
- Build on contractual relations with the authorities and providers to identify and balance the duties, responsibilities and risks of the various parties.
- Determine the desired and achievable level of quality of their work, to write contracts clear system of bonuses and penalties for the parties to the contracts.
- Use the codes of ethics that allows you to raise awareness of social responsibility and transparency in relationships.